Thursday, January 03, 2008

Judo practice 1/2/08

Rick asked a couple of us what we'd like to work; I chose a new technique.

Technique: Sukui Nage

Useful in many cases as a counter. Step behind uke, with the hand close to uke reaching across and grabbing far leg, close hand grabbing near leg. Make sure that arm that crosses maintains tight contact with uke's body. Twist and drop uke over and across the leg behind him, if necessary dropping into newaza.

Randori: Scott--I'm in better shape, Scott's judo is better. Spent alot of time grip fighting, Scott threw me 2-3 times. I was only a real threat to him once, with a very crappy Tomoe Nage attempt.

Tai: young kid, very aggressive, attacked more than I did. If I weren't so much bigger than he is, this kid would kill me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home