Thursday, January 03, 2008

BJJ 1/2/08

Bobby introduced new class format: he's starting new fundamental classes on Tues and Sat, and we'll be devoting 2 weeks at a shot to working on details of certain positions.

Last night, went over Knee slide guard pass.

Transition from knee slide to "staple gun pass, when opponent attempts to jump to triangle.

Triangle escape by forcing knee up into triangle (which also works decently for passing someone holding you in high guard).

Drills: rolled with new guy, Ryan, who had trained at a Chute Boxing place in CA.
Drilled maintaining and passing guard.

Rolling:
Matt--schooled me, as always.

Positional rolling with Bobby--8 min round, first 4 minutes me attempting to keep side control, last 4 me attempting to attack from his back.

Rick: new guy, second place state finisher in WPIAL wrestling. I got him once when he crossed his feet while he had my back, otherwise this guy schooled me, including a really solid RNC. He has great mat awareness, is extremely strong, great shots, great wrestling skills period. I hope he comes back, rolling with this guy will be good for me, if a bit humbling.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home