Friday, January 04, 2008

BJJ 1/3/08

Drilled "knee in the taint" (haha) Triangle defense. This defense is should be named the "I really should wear a cup for practice move". Opponent triangles, fold arm that's in up, and brace opponent's leg, defending your neck. Stand up, fight knee into the center of your opponent's butt, and sit back down, forcing your knee in to break triangle.

Armbar from guard--opponent defends with stack. maintain grip on opponent's arm, with arm away from opponent. With arm close to opponent, brace on opponent's far knee, with palm facing away. Push on opponent's knee, roll into inverted arm bar.

Guard break--break guard, two hands under opponent's hip, grab belt, pull opponent up into you.
Reach across opponent and get opposite collar grip, deep, with hand/fist to the mat. Keep weight down, and shrug your opponent's leg off you, drop into side control.
choke variation-once you're past leg, reach under near shoulder to brace gi, and cross windpipe choke. If opponent defends by turning head and tucking chin, switch to armbar.


Drilling--drilled maintaining and passing guard. My passing needs work!

Rolling: Bobby--submitted me a couple of times. I actually got his back once, which is pretty much a miracle. Couldn't finish. His defense is good, and my finishing from the back is not as good as I'd like.

Matt--this guy has my number, and it's annoying. Wish I did better against him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home